As promised. . .
Here is another Dump Dinner that will make those busy days just a little bit easier. I like that I can just get dinner going in the morning when my energy is high and my resolve to eat well is still intact. After my visit in Oklahoma, my daughter Genny was inspired to make some more dinners for her freezer after the ones I made ran out. She and her husband packaged up seventeen in just an hour and a half. Here is one they tried this week. She reported that the Beef and Broccoli was their favorite so far.
Beef and Broccoli
- 2 pounds beef, sliced
- 1 can beef and mushroom soup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 cups fresh or 10 ounce bag frozen broccoli cuts, steamed
To cook now:
- Dump meat into crockpot.
- Mix remaining ingredients together.
- Pour over beef.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Before eating stir in broccoli.
To freeze for later:
- Dump beef into one gallon freezer bag. Can be split into two bags.
- Mix remaining ingredients except broccoli together and dump on top of meat.
- Seal and freeze.
Follow To cook now directions on cooking day.
Freezing tip: Place freezer bag into 64-96 ounce plastic bowl to load. This will give you stability and free up your hands. Then, freeze, bowl and all. I know you have seen freezer meals all flat and stacked on the freezer shelves. It’s a thing of beauty, but the shape simply does not fit into a crock pot without defrosting. The bowl also prevents the meal from freezing around the wire on the shelves. Remove bowls when frozen to use for more dinners.