Here’s your Dumping Dinner for this week. Butter chicken or murgh makhani is an Indian dish of chicken in a mildly spiced curry sauce. It actually came to be in the 1950s because of leftovers. See story here. A few more than normal ingredients but only minimal chopping. It is delicious. Enjoy!
Butter Chicken or Murgh Makhani
[No butter. Just yumminess.]
- 4-6 chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Garam Marsala*
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Dump in one-gallon freezer. Seal and freeze.
To cook: 6-8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high. When finished, remove meat slice or shread. Serve with sauce.
Meal Maker—Serve with brown rice and your choice of veggies. Garlic naan, Indian flatbread is a must. Yum!
*Garam Marsala is a blend of ground spices common in India, Pakistan, and other South Asia Cuisines. You can find it in the spice section of most grocery store or online. The following is a quick recipe that will do the trick.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
Mix all ingredients and store in airtight container.
Please leave a comment and let me know what you’ve been cooking up in your kitchen. I would love to hear.