I have been enjoying traveling the world. Maybe not traveling as much as experiencing the world through the articles of people, places, and food found in Christopher Kimble’s Milk Street Magazine. And in my journeys, I have learned many things about other cultures and people, and have tried some really great recipes. Quite a few of them keep showing up on my table or are shared at parties.
The newest issue is out, and my copy already has many tags on its pages. As my custom, I will use the recipes as jumping off point and tweak them to fit my eating style and pantry. That’s why there are so many amazing dishes out there to try. Everyone has their own spin and that keeps life interesting. Hope you enjoy my take on this yummy dish inspired by Asia flavors.
• 1 pound lean ground pork or ground chicken breast
• 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
• 6 minced green onions
• 3 tablespoons water
• 2 tablespoons fish sauce
• 2 teaspoons sugar
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon ground pepper
• 2 teaspoons cooking oil
• 2 medium carrots, shredded
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• Pinch of salt
1. In a medium bowl, mixed together ground chicken, cilantro, green onions, water, fish sauce, sugar, and pepper until well incorporated.
2. Form into 20 meatballs, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook until bottoms are golden. Turn and continue to cook until all sides are browned.
4. In a medium bowl, toss carrots with lime juice and salt.
5. Serve meatballs alongside carrot salad. Yum!
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold,
it would be a much merrier world.
Weight Watcher Freestyle Friends: Five meatballs and ¼ salad equal 4 Smart Points when made with pork. One Smart point when made with chicken breast. Enjoy!