This week, I’m back in Oklahoma for spring break to watch over five-year-old Hero while her parents work. This morning, I dumped one of my daughter’s frozen dinners into the crock pot. While the stroganoff cooked away, we had time to play cards, watch Magic School Bus, and paint our nails. It was a very fun day, and at the end we had something pretty delicious to eat. We added broccoli and chopped salad to make it a meal.
- 1 ½-2 pounds stew meat
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cans golden mushroom soup
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms, optional
- 16 oz egg noodles
- Dump all ingredients except noodles into crock pot.
- Cook on low 6-8.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Add to meat mixture and serve.
Note: Instead of adding the mushrooms at the beginning, I sautéed them and added with the noodles at the time of serving. You could also use canned mushrooms in place of the fresh.
Never, ever underestimate the importance of having fun.