Life has been a whirlwind around my house these past few weeks with deadlines and travel.
I must apologize for neglecting you all in keeping up with my commitment to post some yummy dump dinners every week. With all the activity around here, I have depleted my own supply. So, it’s time to stock up, but before I do, here is one recipe you can dump in your crock pot right now. There is a little chopping involved, but at supper time, you will have a pot full of yumminess.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 16-ounce jars of mild salsa
- 1 14.5- ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 14.5- ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 14.5- ounce can sweet corn, drained
- 1 7-ounce can green chilies drained
- Fresh grated cheddar cheese
- Green sliced onions
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Place all ingredients except those for serving in a crock pot. Leave the ground beef in a chunk to cook.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Before serving use potato masher to break up the ground beef into smaller pieces.
- Serve with suggested toppings or cornbread would be delish, too.
To freeze before cooking.
- Dump all ingredients except those for serving.
- Label and freeze.
- When time to cook dump frozen meal in crock pot and cook 8-10 hours.
Don’t ever miss a post. Be sure to sign up to receive the latest recipes directly to your email. Or connect with me on Facebook at The Party’s in the Kitchen.
Tell me what you have been cooking up in your kitchen? I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment.