There are days when I don’t quite know what to do for dinner. Instead of putting it off until later to decide, I get started by popping some chicken breasts or a small roast into the crockpot. By afternoon, the meat is cooked and all I have to do is make a few additions , making it a quick fix dinner.
Here’s what I made yesterday. By evening, the chicken was ready and waiting to be shredded up. It just needed the sauce and the noodles. In 15 minutes, dinner was ready. And oh, was it delicious. I hope you give it a try.
Creamy Paprika Chicken
• 1 8-ounce package of egg noodles
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 16-ounce package sliced mushrooms
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1 10-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
• 1 cup milk
• 1/3 dry white wine, optional. Replace with milk.
• 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
1. Prepare noodles according to package directions. Keep warm.
2. Stir together paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper in small bowl.
3. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and mushrooms, and sauté 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
4. Stir garlic and the spices into onion mixture; sauté 2 minutes more.
5. Add soup, milk, and wine, and bring to boil, stirring frequently.
6. Add shredded chicken and give it stir.
7. Reduce heat to low and cook until chicken is heated through.
8. Serve over cooked noodles.
Dinner is where the magic happens in the kitchen.